Friday, September 16, 2011

Scared to go to a salon....you aren't alone!


First off, let me apologize for not posting over the last several months.  I moved from New Jersey to Atlanta and I am just getting settled (sorta:))

I have been actively looking for a salon in the Atlanta area for about 2 months.  I actually visited a salon in Smyrna, GA which isn't too far from where I live.  The salon was trendy, clean and somewhat friendly.  I say somewhat friendly because the stylist wasn't warm and fuzzy, however, she answered my questions.

I haven't actually gotten up the courage to go and here's why.  I AM SCARED TO DEATH!  I've heard many horror stories when a natural goes to hair salon and they come out with a bad cut or heat damage.   Although there are more and more women sporting their natural hair, how do we find the courage to go to salons when we've just gotten the courage to wear our hair in a healthy, natural state?  One must admit, we have been conditioned to believe that a lot of salons aren't into healthy, natural hair and if they have been, it hasn't been for long.

How do we get over this?

All comments welcomed!

1 comment:

  1. Great article! Your fears are understood. After putting the time and energy into natural hair care, to have it manipulated wrongly would be less than appealing.

    ReplyDelete